Sunday, October 13, 2013

ONE SKY ONE WORLD

It was a crisp, bright sunny day with 12-15 mph winds gusting to over 20 mph. We just couldn't have had a better day here in Chico for "One Sky One World." Fellow kiteflier Jim Stainback and I managed to put nine kites up for the day.

I got a chuckle from what happened while I was walking around the field taking pictures. At one point I was standing next to a grandma & her grandson; they were watching the kites fly. She saw me, turned to her grandson and said, "Oh! There's The Kiteman!" I must admit, I've never been described that way (I've certainly been called far worse).

THE PHOTOS TELL THE STORY...
 rigging Big Boy for launch

 Attaching Big Boy's 75' tail

 Here we go!

 Up...

Up...

...and away!

 Anchored for the day

We had the field to ourselves

My spinner on a windsock pole