Sunday, October 26, 2014

Strong North Winds... Big Boy loved it!

Fellow kiteflier, Jim Stainback picked me and my kites up around 11 AM, and off we went to Wildwood Park in Chico. Winds were cranking at 15 to 22 mph out of the NNW with clear skies and temperatures in the upper 60s... great fall weather for kite flying. We had kites in the air by noon.

 Big Boy and some line laundry (that's a 150' tube on the line)

 A new 18' spinsock (it rotates)



  Jim flys his Premier "Ace" stuntkite

A tail adds a great visual effect to a stuntkite

For me, one of the joys of kite flying is sharing my hobby with others. So many people at the park come up and thank us for flying our kites. I love watching all the other people smiling and pointing or showing their kids the kites.

We flew until after 4 PM and then packed it in. Jim and I gave the day a 9.5. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment